Monday, March 8, 2010

Cupcakes gone wrong = some dang cute CAKE POPS!


Right now I'm eating 3/4 cup of Low Fat Cottage Cheese and wishing I could be eating a piece of cake. My husband and I began today what will be 12 weeks of 6 healthy meals a day and working out every morning to hopefully get the six-packs we've always wanted.

So, all these tasty treats I'll be posting about, I will not be eating, unless it's my "free" day.

This past week I wanted to make some extra cute mini-cupcakes for the Easter holiday. I found what looked like a great recipe for a vanilla cake, and it was, until the next morning when this happened:


I haven't yet figured out why my cupcake liners would peel like this. Any ideas? The cake itself was delicious! It is the lightest, airiest vanilla cake I have ever tried. I think I'll call it Vanilla Cloud Cake.

So, I skipped to my fallback plan. Cake pops. These little cuties take some patience, but they're worth it. Inside: the vanilla cloud cake with french vanilla buttercream.


There were a few accidents.


But I think I got the hang of 'em.

I can picture these tucked away in every little tikes' Easter basket this year. Can't you?

5 comments:

  1. Zach keeps talking about them. They were so tasty! Plus really fun to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOSH! Those are just freakin' cute! I absolutely LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I make cupcakes too, and me and my husband are doing the body for life thing, just started monday!!!
    I think those are soooo cute!!

    wendy
    littlecakesandmore

    ReplyDelete