Sunday, March 28, 2010

The Cutest Baby Shower Cake EVER!

Alright, people. I have new and exciting things happening with Tate's Tortes lately, which is causing me to make cakes just for the heck of it. I'll be telling more details soon, but let's focus on the post at hand.

I hosted a baby shower on Saturday for a neighbor of mine, and since I haven't yet been asked to make a baby shower cake, I went ahead and made one for the occasion. As I was looking for inspiration for this cake, I realized there are a lot of cheesy baby shower cakes out there. So, in coming up with a design I was trying to steer clear of that. I think I made it work.

I love the idea of the mama and the papa bird waiting for the egg to hatch.

She's having a boy, so the blue birds seemed appropriate.

Anxious parents. I love it!

5 comments:

  1. Oh Tatum....that is just DARLING! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man Tatum..you are so talented...I love this idea! Great work! I'm dying to have an excuse to order one of your cakes...=)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a cute and creative idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh MY WORD!!! That has to be the cutest thing I've ever seen!! Way to go again Tate!

    ReplyDelete